“THE VOICE OF PERPETUAL PRAISE!”
As we continue moving into this new Gregorian calendar year, you can expect to hear people make (and break) New Year’s resolutions. You may have even made some resolutions. Reader’s Digest recently published an article listing the most common New Year’s resolutions. Among this list included, getting into physical shape; living life to the fullest; spending less and saving more; getting organized; breaking smartphone and social media addictions; and being friendlier. There is a resolution for just about any and everything, even at funerals!
Many of us make resolutions that are “non-starters” or experience “false starts.” Others of us begin steadily, but then experience ebbs and flows and sometimes nose-dives in our commitment to our resolutions. Today’s sermon offers a resolution that must be on every Believers’ list! It is a resolution to give God praise! God desires to reveal new things, take us to new dimensions, and bless us above and beyond all we can ever ask or think! However, we must learn to give God praise at all times!
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED TODAY, I _____________________ WILL COMMIT MY LIFE TO OFFERING PERPETUAL PRAISE UNTO THE LORD WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT’S HELP! PRAISE YE, THE LORD!!!
PRAISE IS A COMMAND!
- Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord! Psalm 150:6
- The Bible mentions praise nearly 250 times.
- The great God deserves great praise! Psalm 145:1-3
PRAISE IS A CHOICE!
- Despite praise being a command, we must still choose! Joshua 24:15
- Don’t prostitute your praise! Psalm 115:1, 18
- God created us for His praise! Isaiah 43:21
PRAISE IS A COMMITMENT!
- Our praise should never be situational or circumstantial! v.1
- We must be in a perpetual mindset of praise. Psalm 113:2-3
- Praise God as long as you live! Psalm 63:3-4; Psalm 146:1-2
- Don’t be double-mouthed! James 3:8-10
PRAISE IS A “CHOAS CONFUSER!”
- The devil desires to silence your praise! Psalm 43:5
- Learn to praise God from painful places! 17-20; Job 13:15
- Praise is one of your weapons of mass destruction! 2 Chronicles 20:20-22
It can be hard to praise God from painful places. Yet, our situations and circumstances should never dictate whether we praise the Lord! Rather, let our praises dictate to our situations! Praising God takes the focus off our circumstances and us and places it rightfully upon God! Do not be a praise pimp or prostitute your praise! In other words, if God does not do another thing for us, He has already done more than enough to deserve our praise! Therefore, as long as you have breath in your bodies, fix your minds on praising God!
January 27, 2019
2019 Caldwell Ministries, Inc.
All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.