“SALUTING THE SISTAS!”
On November 7, 2020, the Democratic Senator from California, Kamala Harris, made history by becoming the first woman to become the Vice President-elect of the United States in American history! Even more historic than being the first woman, Harris was the first woman of color! The daughter of immigrants, a Jamaican-born father and an Indian-born mother, Harris defied all odds and became another example and embodiment of what America can look like. As a product of Howard University, a Historically Black College & University (HBCU), Harris stood on the shoulders of our African American ancestral, trailblazers while inspiring hope for future generations.
There has been one female major-party presidential nominee in U.S. history, Democrat Hillary Clinton in 2016. There have been three female major-party vice-presidential nominees: Democrat Geraldine Ferraro in 1984, Republican Sarah Palin in 2008, and Democrat Kamala Harris in 2020. Paving the way for Vice President-elect Harris was Shirley Chisholm, who became the first African American candidate for a major party’s presidential nomination in 1972. Long before Vice President-elect Harris arrived on the scene; however, God has been using women as pivotal players in the pantheon of creation. Vice President-elect Harris continues this legacy. Tonight’s teaching presentation is simple. We will be highlighting Biblical heroines who made the possibility of Vice President-elect Harris a reality!” No, it’s not Mother’s Day, but tonight we’re “Saluting the Sistas!”
- All human life is born through a woman! Genesis 3:20
- Mary is the Theotokos! Luke 2:6-7
- Mothers were part of Jesus’s last 7 words! John 19:26-27
- Originators of BLACK LIVES MATTER! Exodus 1:17
- “Beautiful,” Black “girls” saved Black boys! Exodus 1:15
- Fear of the Lord begins wisdom! Psalm 111:10
- Deborah was judge and prophetess! Judges 4:4
- Deborah means wild honeybee, hornet, and wasp in Hebrew!
- Barak (lightning) wouldn’t war without a woman! Judges 4:8
- A woman delivered the first gospel message! Mark 16:6-8
- Women are co-laborers in ministry! Philippians 4:2-3
- Women hold men accountable! Acts 18:24-26
- A Black woman will help redeem the soul of America!
- Vice President-elect Harris is an HBCU product!
- From valueless property to Vice-Presidential status!
“Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.” Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates.” We salute our spiritual, strong, sacrificial, saved, family-oriented, funny, fierce, intelligent, innovative, and outstanding queens, women, mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, aunts, nieces, and so much more!
© 2020 Caldwell Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE