“You’ve Got to BE HERE!!!”
1 Kings 19:19-21, 2 Kings 2:10
Proposition: For the men and women of Windsor Village and the Body of Christ that the double portion blessings is attached to you being WITH God this year, 2020.
Objective: My objective is help you see the patterns, principles and practices of a spiritual apprentice.
Proximity will bring Accuracy, Access and Ability
This is a decade of decisions. When you were a child, you looked like your parents, (DNA, habits) etc. As an adult, you look like your decisions. Habits and Habitat.
Determinism Vs Freewill
Are you governed by external stimuli, circumstances, etc., or are you the master of your fate and captain of your own soul?
- If you are determined, then GOD cannot use you.
- He wants US to CHOOSE to be with HIM!
- Not have circumstances force you to be with HIM.
WE HAVE A CHOICE!!!
Example: Adam and Eve pre-fall vs Adam and Eve post-fall.
God has placed conditions on blessing.
Deuteronomy 30:19 “19This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.”
Isaiah 1:19-21 “19 If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; 20 But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword”; 21 for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.”
Hebrews 11:6 “6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.”
The Kingdom definition of God is the sovereign rulership and governing influence of King Jesus over His territory. The Kingdom is also how He impacts it with His will, intent and purpose, which is to produce a community of citizens that reflect the nature and lifestyle of Jesus, their King, and reproduce the culture of heaven.
Anointing and Agreement
- Produce a community.
- Impact with HIS will, intent and purpose.
- Produce a community of citizens (decision makers), not deterministic thinkers.
- Reflect the Nature of Jesus Christ.
- Reproduce the culture of heaven.
Elijah and Elisha
In this narrative God is represented by Elijah and We (You) are Elisha!
Elijah has according to 1 Kings 19:19-21
- Called you
- Covered you
- Connected with you
Elisha represents YOU in this narrative and you are
God WANTS to MENTOR YOU!!!! 1 John 2:27
2 Kings 2 Elijah taken into heaven
What is happening: A transference of Power and Purpose.
- Elisha MUST EARN the inheritance; IT CANNOT BE Given AWAY!! V1-7
- The Prophet has demanded the Apprentice must go through a PROCESS!!! V9-10
- Even after the PROMISE is made, you must be CONSISTENT and COMMITTED to get it. V11
- The DOUBLE Portion is WHAT YOU ALREADY have and THE Mantle of your Mentor! V12
- YOU HAVE to BE IN PLACE to SEE it!
- YOU HAVE to TEST IT to DO IT!
- YOU WILL SUCCEED your Master if you SUBDUE your DECISIOn
© 2020 Caldwell Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.