“GRACE OVER GRIND!”
II Corinthians 12:5-10
There is a lot going on in our community today. Unfortunately, a disproportionately high percentage of the goings-on are challenging, if not downright negative or toxic. Both families and individuals are facing unprecedented challenges and, regrettably, these challenges are occurring concurrently. If life seemed to be an uphill battle six (6) months ago, then it is a cliff scaler now. While life is not going to be an incessant “walk in the park,” it is not designed by The Lord to be a grind either.
A “grind” occurs when there seems to be one challenge after another in your life; or the dynamics of life suck the joy out of life; or your today looks like your yesterday, and you expect your tomorrow to look the same; or you feel like your emotional, mental or spiritual life has almost flatlined; or (you) name your manifestation of “grind.”
The Lord does not want us to succumb to the spirit of grind. Instead, it’s “Grace Over Grind.” The goal of today’s message is to show us how we can move from grind to grace or how the power of God’s grace can outweigh the load of life’s grind.
Apostle Paul’s testimony provides tremendous guidance!
II. GRIND FROM THE PAST
- Apostle Paul had lots of opportunities to grind. II Corinthians 11:23-28
- Apostle Paul had a constant physical infirmity. Galatians 4:13
- The Jews left remnants of other gods in their God-given land. Those remnants became “thorns in their collective side.” Numbers 33:55; Judges 2:3
- Unprocessed guilt, rebellion and mistakes (from the past) can cause or contribute to grind, unnecessary grind, in your present.
III. GRIND FROM THE FUTURE
- DURING THE MESSAGE, I FAILED TO MENTION THIS SCRIPTURAL LINK. Apologies!
- In the midst of Apostle Paul’s challenges, The Lord blesses him with visions and revelations. II Corinthians 12:1-4, 7
- The mere fact that The Lord would commune with us about our future, particularly during a grind season, is a manifestation of God’s grace. Don’t sleep on it!
- God’s visions and revelations provide both inspiration and enlightenment. Receive them with joy and thanksgiving!
- God still specializes in showing us His future for us in the midst of the grind. Revelation 4:1, 2; Ezekiel 2:1-3
- Let God’s promises put you in courage!
IV. GRIND IN THE PRESENT
- God’s favor or grace (charis) is more than suited to empower you to navigate your grind – right now! II Corinthians 12:9
- Grace evidences the fact that one of God’s qualities can produce free gifts (for you)! Romans 5:13
- Grace evidences the fact that God acts in you and through you. Your capabilities become super-charged, so to speak, when God’s grace becomes operative and activated in your life. When you are fulfilling God’s purpose, expect grace!
- Grace comes your way when you do nothing to deserve it!
- Grace means God is naturally inclined to bless you – right now!
Speak God’s grace over your family, friends, fellowship and finances! Then think, believe and act accordingly!
Speaking of grace: This entanglement used to be a car. When the crash occurred, there were two persons in the car. Both of them are alive and kickin! Glory!
© 2020 Caldwell Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.