I pray, hope and believe this calendar new year, 2019, will be your best and most blessed (ever)! As I have shared previously, if we are to have a “Happy New Year,” we will have to work with God to make it a happy new year. No one is passing them out – indiscriminately or otherwise.
There is no shortage of spiritual or secular Happy New Year advice. Today, however, I offer God’s advice about how to position yourself to live a more peaceful, productive and powerful life. This advice would be good on any day, but it seems particularly applicable on the first weekend in January. Today’s message focuses on prayer, specifically intercessory prayer. When the message is over, you will have a clearer understanding about: a) what intercessory prayer is; b) exactly why you need it; c) how it adds quality to your life; and d) why your enemy detests it.
The Lord God Almighty has created a “pocket” just for you. You are destined to score and be victorious when you can stand tall in your prescribed “pocket”; scan the field; and choose the right options.
II. YOUR TEAM Jeremiah 33:3, 6-22
- Walk it the way God talks it.
- You cannot advance in life if you are constantly running for your life.
- Just because a promise belongs to you, does not mean you will have it. I Timothy 1:18
III. THE OPPOSING TEAM I Peter 5:8
- Satan will try to hijack your help. I Thessalonians 2:18
- Satan will try to hijack your relationship with God. II Corinthians 11:3
- Satan will try to hijack you! Luke 22:31
IV. YOUR GAME PLAN: THE HEDGE!
- You cannot usher in God’s Kingdom on earth and overrule the evil kingdoms if you do not master your domain: your flesh. I Corinthians 9:27
- The enemy will try to resist you. That is his job.
- Get your hedge together! Ezekiel 22:30; Colossians 4:12
- The first person you gotta walk away from is the you who both you and God don’t want you to be!
- Every believer needs at least one Epaphras!
Source: Prayer Moves God by Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams
January 5-6, 2019
© 2019 Caldwell Ministries, Inc.
All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.