“WALL WRECKERS!” – “A Kingdom Emergency Part II”
Joshua 6:1-10, 15-20
Walls are not new! They have been erected ever since ancient, Biblical times and come in all shapes and sizes. Walls function for at least one or more of several purposes: 1) to mark or maintain borders; 2) protect kingdoms and settlements; or 3) keep out “unwanted people.” The Great Wall of China still stands today and was originally erected to protect China from foreign raids and military invasions. The Berlin Wall, a symbol of the “Cold War” between Communist East Germany and Democratic West Germany, has fallen in favor of freedom and democracy. Despite some common ties, even the walls in Jerusalem continue to be a spiritual stress point for Christians, Muslims, and Jews. In more recent times, walls have also been built to serve as memorials and structures of art such as The Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Thus, walls have both spiritual, historical, cultural, and political significance.
Walls have risen and continue to rise while others have fallen. Today’s sermon focuses on physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological walls within our country, the Church, and our homes and communities. Where are the walls in your life? God reveals to us through Joshua an unconventional strategy on how to wreck walls with our mouths and feet as opposed to our hands! Walls will fall today! But, you and your faith must participate! God is calling for all Wall Wreckers!
CALL “A FEW GOOD MEN!”
- God expects men of valor to be on the frontlines! v3
- All men are not “men of war!” Exodus 17:9
- Strength does not always come in numbers! Judges 7:2, 7
COVER GOD’S PRIESTS! v9, 13
- Priests represent the people before God! Hebrews 2:17; 5:1
- Murmuring has dire consequences! Numbers 12:1, 9-11
- Honor God’s priests! 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13; 1 Timothy 5:17
CONNECT WITH GOD’S PRESENCE!
- God will never leave nor forsake us! Joshua 1:5; Hebrews 13:5-6
- There is joy in God’s presence! Psalm 16:11
- God’s presence is inescapable! Psalm 139:7
- It was customary to carry the Ark into battle. 1 Samuel 4:3-7
CRY OUT TO GOD IN PRAISE!
- Always Bless the Lord! Psalm 34:1
- Worship God in spirit and truth! John 4:24
- Bless the Lord with your whole heart! Psalm 86:12
CONQUER WHOM OR WHAT GOD DELIVERS!
- God fights for us! Exodus 14:14; 2 Chronicles 20:15
- God will deliver us our enemies! Deuteronomy 7:16
- God expects us to fight too! Exodus 17:10; Psalm 118:10
CONSECRATE THE ASSETS TO GOD!
- The wealth of the wicked is for the righteous! Proverbs 13:22
- Wealth transfers occur when walls fall! v19
- God owns it all anyway! Haggai 2:8; Psalm 50:10
By faith, we believe that an entire city (Jericho) fell when natural human beings obediently made a supernatural shout at a wall! Walls need to fall within our homes, churches, communities, schools, and this country! Jesus Christ obliterated the wall of sin that separated us from God and gave us unlimited access to the throne room! God has empowered us to be wall wreckers! With men and women some things are impossible, but with God all things are possible!
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
© 2019 Caldwell Ministries, Inc.
All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI.