Persistence is a lost character trait because of our instant gratification society! The days of blood, sweat, and tears are sparse and practically extinct today! Society has substituted good work ethic, time, and effort with a sense of entitlement! Technological advances have only fueled our flimsy faith and microwave mindsets! If given the choice of taking the easy route versus the more treacherous or troublesome one, most of us would choose the path of least resistance! This might also explain why many of us struggle mightily when we experience setbacks, rejection, and defeats! Why else would the apostle Paul exhort, “Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord?” Therefore, no matter what we face, we must have undaunted faith because God is for and with us!
Scripture is filled with examples of people who were undaunted in their persistent pursuit of God’s promises! From Jacob, who wrestled with the Angel all night until he got blessed, to the woman (a social outcast by ancient (and sadly some contemporary standards)) who hemorrhaged 12 years, spent all she had on healthcare, and was ceremonially unclean, remained undaunted to touch the hem of Jesus’s garment believing she would be healed.
What about you!?! For those who might be wondering, “Well, that was then . . .,” today’s sermon focuses on a 21st century example of what it means to be undaunted. The Holy Spirit wants to reveal some spiritual and practical strategies that you can apply in every area of your life. Prayerfully, by the end of today’s message, you too will learn to exhibit unflinching faith in the face of what appears to be insurmountable or difficult odds! Be encouraged! BE UNDAUNTED!
- God expects us to pray! 1 Timothy 2:1-4; Colossians 1:9-10
- Have an attitude of prayer! 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- PUSH – Pray Until Something Happens! v8
- Pray with expectation! 1 John 5:14-15
- Your vibe attracts your tribe! Psalm 1:1-6
- How’s the counsel in your council? Proverbs 15:22
- Avoid people with enslaved mindsets! Exodus 14:11-12
- Be willing to fly solo! Genesis 12:1
- Remember, God is with you! Isaiah 43:1-2
- Faith is an essential ingredient in processes! Hebrews 11:6
- “No” is a legitimate answer to prayer! 2 Corinthians 12:8-10
- Processes perfect your praise! 1 Peter 1:6-7
- Don’t quit! Ephesians 6:13
- Keep pressing! Philippians 3:12-14
- Delayed does not mean denied! Psalm 27:14
- Ride the wave without wavering! Romans 4:16-21
We all face challenges. But, God never wired us to be “quitters!” We are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ! Each Sunday, we declare, “We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!” This is not a perfunctory declaration! Rather, it is a reminder of the power and persistent already working within us! Keep asking! Keep seeking! Keep knocking! Keep standing! Keep believing! Keep persisting!
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
© 2019 Caldwell Ministries, Inc.
All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI.