1 Peter 1:17-19
The Spring Feasts consist of Passover, the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of First Fruits, and the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost). It is no coincidence that as we make final preparations for the Church Family Fast, we celebrate our Passover Lamb first! The word “lamb” appears in the First Testament 107 times. The phrase “Lamb of God” appears 28 times in the Book of Revelation alone! While lambs might be innocent, cute, and cuddly creatures, the truth is, they have played an integral and indispensable role in God’s system of sacrificial offerings since Genesis and culminating in Revelation. Clearly, lambs hold a special place in God’s sight. Therefore, we should cherish, value, and honor what God esteems!
All the lambs that the people called Israel sacrificed to “cover” their sins before God throughout the generations were all forerunners to The Lamb of God. However, despite their innocence, those lambs were incapable of accomplishing what Jesus Christ, our Passover Lamb, did for us! John’s Gospel says, “The next day he (John) saw Jesus coming toward him and declared, ‘Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!’” Today’s sermon celebrates “The Lamb of God!” Because Jesus Christ is “Unblemished,” He “presents us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy” despite of our known and yet-to-be-discovered defects and blemishes! Therefore, let’s worship, give glory, honor, and praise to the One who is “Unblemished!”
CREATION IS CONTAMINATED!
- Humanity’s disobedience led to relinquishment of our “Kingdom keys!”
- The created of the Creator contaminated creation! Romans 5:12-14
- Our sin led to the first sacrifice! Genesis 3:21
- Our sin remained because it was only “covered!”
CAIN IS CRITICIZED!
- Abel kept lambs and sheep while Cain tilled the ground! Genesis 4:2
- God regarded Abel’s sacrifice more than Cain’s! Genesis 4:4
- Their sacrifices represent “grace” vs. “works!” Ephesians 2:8-9
COVENANT IS CONSUMMATED!
- Isaac foreshadows Jesus Christ!
- Abraham’s obedience resulted in a covenant! Genesis 22:15-18
- God gives us perpetual access to provision and blood! Philippians 4:19;
CHRIST IS CRUCIFIED!
- Jesus Christ is our Passover Lamb! 1 Corinthians 5:7
- Jesus is blameless and unblemished! Ephesians 5:27; 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Let us let go of the leaven (sin) in our lives! Hebrews 12:1-2; 1 John 1:9
- Christ is the only sacrifice we need! Hebrews 10:4, 11-18
As Christians, we can declare with assurance, “Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ!” We experience victory daily simply because Jesus Christ has already secured a Bloody win through His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension! We should have lost in Round One back in Genesis 3. But, because Jesus chose to become the Lamb, without blemish, God has exalted Him as the Lion! Only Jesus Christ is qualified for this title! “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” Thank you for the Lamb, the precious Lamb of God!
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
© 2019 Caldwell Ministries, Inc.
All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI.