“TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS!”
As we inch closer to the Spring Feasts season, it is imperative we remember why we are doing what we are doing. First, God commands us to celebrate the feasts in the First Testament! This alone should end all debates or discussions, period! However, if God’s commandments were not enough, Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Godhead and Son of Man, celebrated and fulfilled the feasts in the New Testament. In fact, Matthew 5:17-18 says, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.” Therefore, we observe the feasts out of love, adoration, and obedience to God!
God promises to show up at His appointed times! Today’s sermon highlights one of Jesus’s many festival experiences! While it was certainly a disorienting and discombobulating experience for His parents, Jesus reminds us that God protects us during the Passover and all the days of our lives! Jesus also teaches us that when we are “about our Father’s business,” we can remain cool, calm, and collected amid chaotic and confusing circumstances! Some people pride themselves about the “business of busyness.” However, our business affairs (real or perceived) will not amount to anything until we make God’s business our priority! So, let’s Take Care of Business!
keep the feast!
- Get into the cycle of the Feasts! 41; Matthew 6:33
- Teach your children to celebrate the Feasts! Joshua 24:15; Proverbs 22:6
- The entire house must be on one accord! Psalm 133:1-3; Matthew 12:25
- Avoid ritual, religion, and routine during the Feasts! Isaiah 1:13-15
no one (child) left behind!
- Three of four African-American children will grow up in single-parent homes.
- Blacks comprise 60% of the prison population, but 30% of the total population.
- One of three Black men may go to prison in their lifetime.
- Students of color face harsher punishments than their White peers.
- Felony disenfranchisement influences jobs and voting rights.
PROTECT AND SERVE
- God’s presence is inescapable! Psalm 139:7-11
- God sends an Angel when human protections fail! Exodus 23:20
- Jesus loved worship! 46; Psalm 100:4; 122:1
THE PASSOVER PAYOFF
- God grants us wisdom! 1 Kings 4:29-34; Proverbs 2:6-7
- We grow in the Lord! 51
- We receive favor from God and humans! Psalm 5:12
- God expects us to obey! 51; Romans 13:1
When we take care of God’s business, we can expect God to take care of our business! Know that God is concerned about everything that concerns us! The Feasts should not be a time of great stress as Jesus’s parents experienced. Rather, they should be a time of great serenity, solitude, solace, solidarity, and spiritual saturation. Let us learn to slow down, take inventory of our circumstances, and believe God like never before during this season! Let’s Take Care of Business!
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
© 2019 Caldwell Ministries, Inc.
All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI.