“HOW TO USE MY SPIRITUAL GIFT”
1 CORINTHIANS 12:1-7
“Now concerning gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.
Now, dear brothers and sisters, regarding your question about the special abilities the Spirit gives us. I don’t want you to misunderstand this. 2 You know that when you were still pagans, you were led astray and swept along in worshiping speechless idols. 3 So I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God will curse Jesus, and no one can say Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit. 4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. 5 There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. 6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us. 7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.”
- The Ministry of the Holy Spirit
- How does He (the Holy Spirit) minister “through us”.
- How we each other (Household of Faith) Galatians 5
- How we unbelievers (The World) John 3:16
- How we of God (Our Witness) 1 John 4:7-8
- 1 Corinthians 12 Corinthians vs 21st Century Church
- Corinth was a large
- It had an affluent
- It had some socioeconomic
- Gender issues – women vs men
So the “problems” in the Church needed the provision of the HOLY SPIRIT. How can we reach the masses when we have so much mess in here? Paul in 1 Corinthians was dealing with divisions and problems in the Church. So we must become clear on what spiritual gifts are and how to use them. You need to know.
- You are an answer to a problem in the Earth right now!!! Romans 8:19
- Your gift is a response from heaven to
Remember we have been given Earth to exercise dominion. Psalm 115:16
- What is your spiritual gift?
Gifts (Ephesians 4:11 and 1 Corinthians 12:29): Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, and Pastor-Teachers. These gifts are used primarily for planting and growing churches.
Gifts (Romans 12:6-8): Prophecy, Service, Teaching, Encouragement, Giving, Administration/Leadership, and Mercy. These gifts are used primarily to organize and administrate the church so that it may best carry out its responsibilities.
Gifts (1 Corinthians 12:8-10, 27-31): Wisdom, Knowledge, Faith, Healing, Miracles, Prophecy, Helps, Administration, Leadership, Distinguishing Spirits, Speaking in Tongues, and Interpreting Tongues. These are the tools that the Holy Spirit utilizes for the ongoing ministry of the church.
Know your why? Video
Why did God give me a gift?
- Perfecting, Edifying, Unity, Faith, Likeness of Ephesians 4:11-13
How do I use my gift?
- YOU MUST THAT YOU HAVE IT! Philemon 1:6
- YOU MUST IT TO BE CULTIVATED (STIR IT UP). 1 Timothy 1:6
- YOU MUST NOT Mistake talent for a gift!
- YOU MUST USE IT!!!
Kanye Praise and Worship
- Talent: My Delivery System
- Gift: My Ammunition
- Fruit: My Accuracy
October 27, 2019
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
© 2019 Caldwell Ministries, Inc.
All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI.