“HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT!”
HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY/FEAST OF FIRST FRUITS!
Resurrection Sunday is arguably the apex moment in the Christian faith! Christians may disagree about many things, such as denominational or doctrinal divides, social justice issues, or even the future of the universal Church, but Resurrection Sunday is one of the great equalizers unifying our faith! Today, we join together with more than two billion Christians worldwide to celebrate the V-I-C-T-O-R-Y Jesus Christ has given us and the peace and righteousness we enjoy with God because of His “once for all” sacrifice!
By faith, we celebrate the mystery of the Christian faith! Christ has died! Christ is risen! Christ will come again! We believe Christ has died and that Christ is risen, but the biggest question mark is when will Christ come again!?! End-time prophets, theologians, prognosticators, and even non-believers have all sought to predict Christ’s Second Coming and been wrong! Matthew’s Gospel reminds us, “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. . . . Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.”
Today’s sermon focuses on some Believers who experienced great distress, depression, and disappointment about our Deity’s demise! They, like so many of us, became so blinded by their egos and agendas that they failed to see who was right before them! On this Resurrection Sunday, do not be fooled by observational blindness! Refuse to allow (by faith and by fact) Jesus Christ’s very presence in our lives to become “Hidden in Plain Sight!”
FAITH IS SUPERRATIONAL!
- Jesus is a stumbling block & foolishness to the world! 1 Corinthians 1:18, 23
- Faith is above and not against reason! Hebrews 11:3; 2 Corinthians 5:7
- We cannot have empty faith! 1 Corinthians 15:12-19
STOP TALKING AND START WALKING!
- Don’t be a “lip-service” saint! Isaiah 29:13
- Quit being two-faced and double-tongued! John 10:25-26; 1 John 2:4
- Walk the talk! James 1:22-24; Ephesians 4:1
CEASE CRUCIFYING AFRESH!
- Unbelief in God “re-crucifies” Christ! Hebrews 6:4-6
- Our agendas must bow down! 11; Matthew 26:39
- We experience death & resurrection daily! Luke 9:23-24; Romans 6:4-11
BEWARE OF ENTERTAINING STRANGERS!
- Angels are among us in strangers! Hebrews 13:2
- Hospitality is a hallmark of Christianity! Leviticus 19:33-34
- Watch how you treat God’s people! Matthew 25:41-46
THE PASSOVER RESTORES OUR SIGHT!
- Do this in remembrance of me, not routine! 1 Corinthians 11:26-29
- Jesus is as concerned with our sight as He is with our healing!
- Jesus’s “Mission Statement” declares sight restoration! Luke 4:18
- Are we yet blind? Isaiah 43:19 (NLT); Mark 8:17-18
He is Risen! He is Risen indeed! This Passover season commit to not losing sight of Christ! Don’t allow “business of busyness” to blind us to what God has and is really doing and the fact that God is with us! When we turn and affix our eyes upon Jesus, like the Apostle Paul, the scales will fall from our eyes and, we too, will receive our sight again! Then, we will be able to declare with assurance, “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
Have a Blessed Resurrection!!!
If you would like the PDF Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
If you would like the Word Version of the sermon notes, click HERE.
© 2019 Caldwell Ministries, Inc.
All rights reserved – No production of this material is permitted without expressed written permission of CMI.