The Windsor Village Church Family partners with the City of Houston and Houston Food Bank at The Power Center to deliver fresh produce (fruits and vegetables) to our community.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ON HIATUS FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST – COME BACK OFTEN FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.
Hours of Operation: Wednesdays, 1 PM – 4 PM, Thursdays, 8 AM – 3 PM and 1st and 3rd Saturdays, 9 AM – 1 PM. All persons are asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to their shift.
If you have any questions or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Area Needs
- Loaders & Lifters – Remove food pallets from truck, move heavy items at site
- Sort & Sack – Sort produce and bags for distribution
- Waste Management – Discard spoiled produce and crates/cartons
- Inventory & Reporting – Track and record number of pallets emptied
- Social Distancing Monitor – Monitor space between workers
- Registrar – Assist with volunteer check-in
- Medical Team – Take volunteer temperature readings
- Hall Monitor – Limit the amount of traffic inside building
- Lane Attendants – Check-in vehicles, issue number for bag distribution
- Runners – Deliver produce bags to vehicles
- Traffic Control – Direct drivers and vehicles in parking lot
- Need 50 to 75 volunteers per day to sustain serving the community.
- Serve as many times as possible.
- Tell family, friends, co-workers and neighbors.
- Group sign-ups encouraged.
The safety of our staff, members and the community are our top priority. All persons volunteering must follow these safety measures:
- All volunteers must wear which Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which include, a face mask and gloves issued at check-in. (Feel free to bring your own PPE).
- All volunteers must have his/her temperature taken at check-in before volunteer service begins.
- All volunteers must maintain an arm’s length of space (6ft.) between all persons always, adhering to the CDC’s Social Distancing Guidelines.
- All children and youth volunteers under 18 years of age, must always be accompanied by and serve with an adult.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes for walking, standing and moving
- Personal Protective Equipment (feel free to bring own)
- Water Bottle(s) to hydrate
- Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen for sunny days
- Rain jackets and rain boots for rainy days
Volunteer to Do’s
- Eat before arrival
- Bring own snacks and medication
- Bring cash, credit or debit cards to dine at local establishments (i.e., Subway or Fiesta)